Middy's partner with the Sustainable Melbourne Fund who offer Financing for Environmental Upgrade Agreements (EUA's).
The Sustainable Melbourne Fund is a Victorian State Government Initiative. Environmental Upgrade Finance through SMF is a loan for environmental works repaid via quarterly council rates. This allows flexible terms of finance which are not always available via other lending products and the banks. Funding arrangements vary in different states. Visit sustainablemelbournefund.com.au to find out more.
What’s different about EUA's from other loans?
- 100% Finance, including hard and soft costs.
- Repayment is a Statutory Charge, invoiced on a new local council rates notice
- If the property is leased then you have the choice of easily splitting repayment between landlord and tenants.
- Loan terms between 4- 15 year allowing for cashflow maximisation
- No requirement for personal, business or other forms of security to be provided to financier.
- Fixed repayment amortised in full over term
- No balloon at end of period
- No consent or approval required by existing financier on property
- Simple application process handled completely by Sustainable Melbourne Fund
What can be funded?
Businesses and landlord can apply for finance to fund any projects that help manage their energy, water or waste performance.
How it works
Sustainable Melbourne Fund provides the upfront capital that businesses need to make sustainability improvements to their buildings.
We do this through what’s called an Environmental Upgrade Agreement – a loan to improve a building where the repayments are invoiced through an local government issued rates notice.
Who can apply
Any type of business operating in a non-residential property can apply for Environmental Upgrade Finance, this includes:
- Agriculture Properties
- Commercial Office Building Properties
- Tourism and Commercial Properties
- Industrial Properties